Sunday, July 08, 2012

For the love of crochet...

I recently got my order of threads from crochetgal on Etsy. I plan to order more especially when I saw the good quality of the Aunt Lydia's threads and the affordable prices! As usual the drawback is the shipping cost and the transit time, since its from the U.S. Shipping is roughly the same as the cost of the item, and the waiting is about one month! But its worth it, and I'll definitely order some more as soon as I have enough funds.

I'm loving these cotton and bamboo threads :)


 Haven't decided what to make from these single balls of thread. They definitely would be nice for wearables and accessories. However I would need more if its for a wearable top...what color and how many balls to order?? Hope I can figure that out soon :p

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of coming up with small projects made from these threads. I first tried using the cotton thread, size 10, silver color. I used a steel hook size 1.5mm to make this pineapple motif that I made into an earring. 

crochet motif earring

Pattern in my next post :)


2 comments:

  1. I have a question about the bamboo thread.. it seems very nice.. but I haven't really seen it.. i'm planning to get stocks .. how is the thread ? does it have that certain elasticity as sock yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably will have some elasticity depending on the stitches used, but the thread itself is similar to cotton in elasticity. I have actually used bamboo thread size 10 for a wearable cropped top and I love it! Its easy to work with and resulting fabric is so soft. As for the Bamboo size 3, I haven't made a project, but I tried a few crochet stitches and the strands tend to split.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!